Develops and maintains on-going relationships and contact with clients; possesses a knowledge of the client and the client’s business.
Is responsible for decision-making for the day-to-day conduct of engagements:
- Coordinates and leads all phases of the engagement process through to completion; works under supervision of Manager or Officer, including scheduling of planning meetings and fieldwork, discussions with appropriate client and Firm leadership to understand client’s current business activity, design of test work procedures, audit program preparation, review of business agreements, etc.
- Supervises and reviews work of Staff Accountants.
- Communicates unusual or significant accounting/auditing questions or engagement matters to the attention of the Manager or Officer. Also, informs Firm leadership and documents the status of the engagement – keeping appropriate Officer or Manager informed of all important developments.
- Prepares client-centered correspondence for review by Manager; demonstrates effective project management skills, inspires teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members and uses current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service.
Assigns work to staff based on their knowledge and capabilities; provides supervision, mentoring and on-the-job training to team members assigned to engagements. Assists with training of team members, offers guidance and direction, and provides constructive criticism of workpapers.
BUSINESS PROMOTION AND GROWTH.
Develops and expands external referral networks; supports firm leadership in business development efforts. Ability to recognize business problems and expanded service opportunities with existing clients. Develops and enhance sales, writing, communication, inter-personal and other human relation skills.
Possesses an understanding of the economics of the A&A business and its relation to the firm; supports software applications, departmental goals, policies and guidelines. Participates in other administrative activities as requested by the Firm leadership.
EDUCATION & LICENSES
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting preferred and/or, the completion of educational requirements to sit for CPA exam; possess or actively pursuing CPA license.
Typically, minimum 2 years professional experience in public accounting (leadership-oriented and in pursuit of managerial career path) with strong functional knowledge in all areas, demonstrating a progression in the complexity and scope of engagements
- Strong computer proficiency, accounting and audit software programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Successful problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to perform in highly interruptive conditions
- Ability to train and supervise staff in accounting, auditing and software skills in client, office and classroom settings
- Ability to understand and document accounting systems
- Project management ability
- Ability to perform under time-pressures and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively identify engagement situations that may involve controversy and influence others to resolution
- Professional behavior and demeanor
- Proactive, ability and desire to be a coach and a leader
- Customer and community-oriented; ability to develop business relationships
- Strong work ethic, honest and ethical Proactive resourceful and customer oriented
- Ability to sit and use computers for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel by air and car
- Ability to carry/transport heavy briefcase, computers bags, etc., weighing approximately 20 lbs., etc.
- Ability to provide own transportation for regular travel (local and regional) to client assignments and for personal development programs
- Infrequent out-of-town travel with overnight stay for meetings, seminars and client engagements (up to 10-15%)
- Overtime work required periodically throughout year as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.