- Works on various tax returns (individuals, trusts, partnerships and corporations.) under direct supervision of a supervisor or designee (depending on the size of the engagement, the supervisor could be another Manager or Officer).
- Prepares tax returns and client data following the Firm policies and procedures.
- Reviews accounting data and financial statements working within budgets guidelines.
- Brings unusual/significant accounting and tax implications and questions to the Manager or Officer.
- Performs any other work assigned by the Manager or Officer.
- Becomes familiar with the Firm’s policies, procedures, manuals, forms and relevant software.
- Assist other team members with client management such as gathering tax, research of tax problems, recommendations for business and process improvement.
- Continuous learner developing job knowledge of client operations, processes, business objectives as well as federal and state tax issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be responsible for supervising and training less experienced Staff or Senior Accountants.
- Acts as a mentor to entry level Staff and/or Accountants on an informal basis.
- Understands key elements of client care and service.
- Develops understanding of all Firm services and marketing strategies.
- Participates in community activities; begins to establish external referral network.
- Develops writing, communication, inter-personal and other human relation skills.
- Actively maintains CPA certification by completing all continuing professional education.
- Supports departmental goals, policies and guidelines.
- Assumes responsibilities as a “champion” in specific departmental software applications.
- Participates in other administrative activities as requested by the Officers, Managers, etc.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or equivalent required
- Typically, minimum 4+ years professional experience in public accounting
Competencies and Licenses
- Active current CPA license
- Proficient in use of computers and basic software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Successful problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent project management, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform under time-pressures and meet deadlines
Knowledge and Characteristics
- Professional appearance and demeanor, highly-motivated
- Client-oriented work ethic, delivering high quality results
- Committed to integrity and ethical business standards
- Cooperative, flexible, ability to multi-task and complete assignment within time constraints and deadlines.
- High growth potential with opportunities for upward advancement
- Ability to sit and/or use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel by air and car, if required.
- Ability to carry and transport bags, computers, etc.
- If needed, ability to provide own transportation for traveling to client assignments and for personal development/continuing education
- Infrequent out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at client site, meetings or seminars;
- Overtime work required throughout the year, especially during tax busy season periods.
- Total hours generally range from 2,080-2,300, including PTO.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.