- Works on various tax returns (individuals, trusts, partnerships and corporations.) under direct supervision of a supervisor or designee (depending on the size of the engagement, the supervisor could be a Senior Accountant, Manager or Officer).
- Prepares tax returns and client data following the Firm policies and procedures.
- Reviews accounting data and financial statements working within budgets guidelines.
- Brings unusual/significant accounting and tax implications/questions to the supervisor.
- Becomes familiar with the Firm’s policies, procedures, manuals, forms and relevant software.
- Assists other team members with client management such as gathering tax, research of tax problems, recommendations for business and process improvement.
- Continuous learner that develops job knowledge of client operations, processes, business objectives, as well as, federal and state tax issues.
- May be responsible for supervising and training less experienced Staff Accountants.
- Acts as a mentor to entry level Staff Accountants on an informal basis.
BUSINESS PROMOTION AND GROWTH
- Understands key elements of client care and service.
- Develops understanding of all Firm services and marketing strategies.
- Participates in community activities; begins to establish external referral network.
- Develops verbal and written communication, as well as, interpersonal skills.
- Supports departmental goals, policies and guidelines; works within all applicable laws and regulatory processes.
- Assumes responsibilities as a “champion” in specific departmental software applications.
- Performs any other work assigned by a supervisor; also, participates in other administrative activities as requested by the Officers, Managers or Senior Accountants.
Bachelor’s in Accounting or equivalent required
Typically, 2+ years professional experience in public accounting
COMPETENCIES & LICENSES
- Actively pursuing CPA license, or currently possess CPA
- Proficient in use of computers and basic software applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Successful problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent project management, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Professional appearance and demeanor, highly-motivated
- Client-focused, team-oriented work ethic, delivering high quality results
- Committed to integrity and ethical business standards
- Cooperative, flexible, ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Growth potential with opportunities for upward advancement
- Ability to work increased hours during seasonal periods.
- Ability to sit and/or use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel by air and car, if required.
- Ability to carry and transport bags, computers, etc.
- Ability to provide own transportation for traveling to client assignments and for personal development training
- Infrequently may out-of-town travel with overnight stay for engagement follow up, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Overtime work required periodically throughout year.
- Total hours generally range from 2,080-2,300, including PTO
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.